SAFARI PACKAGES – It is in the safari areas of South Africa where the most intimate luxury honeymoons can be enjoyed. All of the lodges which feature in the luxury honeymoon packages we offer are rated five star. These lodges are found in various safari areas, from the malaria-free Shamwari Private Game Reserve in the southern part of the country to Madikwe and Welgevonden in the north. The Greater Kruger National Park is the most popular area with honeymooners seeking to enjoy an unforgettable experience in the bush. This park is one of the world's most well-known conservation areas. It offers fine five star accommodation both in private concessions in the park as well as in the private game reserves which form part of it. The most notable reserves which feature in our luxury honeymoon packages include the Sabi Sand and the Timbavati. In both of these reserves, honeymoon couples will find intimate five star camps and lodges which offer an unforgettable experience.
- For honeymooners who lead an active life, enjoy the outdoors and have a genuine inquisitiveness about nature, here is a 3 day romantic package that has it all. Besides the game drives, you can get out on an exciting walking safari with your safari guide, who will introduce you to the more intricate side of life in the bush.
- If living in the wilds is not your style, this 3 day honeymoon package offers country estate living and pampering spa treatments. Submerge yourself in sheer ecstasy with a rose milk bath for two, surrounded by candles and nature or indulge in champagne and Belgian chocolates. Feed the soul and ignite your passion.
- Experience the ultimate in pleasure with this 3 day honeymoon package. Your accommodation will be a premier safari lodge, where you are assured of having seclusion and tranquillity, complete privacy, exceptional hospitality and service. Enjoy your romantic stay to the fullest and create lifelong memories.
- This is a romantic package with a difference. Enjoy a wedding and then also spend your honeymoon here. Discover the source of an ancient African love story and celebrate your new life in the place where love began. 5 star pampering, artistic splendour and primal South African bush add up to a romantic encounter.
Luxurious 5 star Honeymoon packages at our finest Hotels: On a luxury honeymoon in South Africa, you will enjoy five star accommodation which can consist of intimate boutique hotels in some of the major cities scattered around the country. These honeymoons can also include beach experiences which are second to none, either in Cape Town, on the Garden Route, or further north on the coast of the KwaZulu-Natal province. This coast is washed by the warm waters of the Indian Ocean.
PACKAGE INCLUSIONS: OPTION 1
- Upon checking into the luxurious accommodation, your luggage is unpacked by the hotel’s valet
- A set of embroidered towels
- Superb full English breakfast in bed, including oysters and bubbly
- A selection of romantic DVD’s from the in-house library served with popcorn and hot chocolate on one of the evenings
- Bottle of Bouchard Finlayson Chardonnay for enjoyment in the comfort of your room or suite
- Rose petal and candle turndown
- 3 hour Sunset Mountain Serenade – lose yourself in the breath-taking views of the Mountain range and the Atlantic Ocean as you and your partner are relaxed and then revitalised in our outdoor spa mountain gazebo. The treatment includes a champagne picnic, touch point foot ritual and your choice of 90 minute massage.
PACKAGE INCLUSIONS: OPTION 2
AFRICAN HONEYMOON ITINERARY
DAY 1-4 CAPE TOWN
Guests are met and welcomed on arrival at Cape Town International Airport and are transferred to the Cape Grace Hotel, set along its own private quay on Cape Town's vibrant Victoria & Alfred Waterfront. With individually furnished rooms and old Cape charm and sophistication, one cannot but feel right at home here. Aside from the usual luxuries on offer, the hotel has a magnificent view of the harbor and waterfront. Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere at the hotel or explore the unique shops and dining experiences on offer at the Waterfront. Alternatively, opt for a boat ride around the harbor. Guests spend four nights at the Cape Grace and have the opportunity to relax at the waterfront or explore Cape Town and surrounds.
Overnight: Cape Grace
DAY 5-7 GARDEN ROUTE
Guests are transferred to Cape Town International for a flight to George, where they are met and transferred to the __________ Hotel. The hotel overlooks the Indian Ocean, offering unrivalled privacy and tranquility. The hotel is situated inside the most exclusive private nature reserve in the Cape, and is set high on the majestic cliffs of this dramatically beautiful coastline. Guests may spend the day relaxing on the hotel's very own sun-drenched snow white beach, or snorkeling in an ocean rich in marine life, scuba diving, water-skiing, Hobie Cat sailing and deep-sea fishing, or otherwise spending a lazy day poolside. Enjoy walks in the parks and allow the immense variety of indigenous flora and fauna to stimulate your senses. Guests spend three nights at the ____________ Hotel.
Overnight: Plettenberg Park
DAY 8-10 SABI SAND PRIVATE GAME RESERVE
Guests are collected after breakfast and transferred to George Airport for a flight to Johannesburg, and from there an onward connection to the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. The honeymooners will be met at the airport and transferred to Lion Sands River Lodge, where they will spend three nights luxuriating in the African bush. The reserve is very secluded and every room has its own private patio where sundowners may be enjoyed in peace and quiet. As the lodge is close to the river, you are ensured of exceptional game viewing, even from the comfort of your own luxury room. The reserve forms part of the Greater Kruger National Park and is home to many of South Africa's finest game lodges. Lion Sands Private Game Reserve is situated along the southern boundary of the Sabi Sand and is the only reserve in the reserve with access to the Sabie River. Two game drives and a bush walk are conducted daily.
Overnight: Lion Sands River Lodge
Meals: Full Board
DAY 11 MPUMALANGA HIGHLANDS
A last morning game drive and breakfast is followed by an excursion through Mpumalanga's Panorama Route. Stops are made at God's Window with its sweeping views of the Lowveld region, and the triplet peaks of the Three Rondavels, both situated along the escarpment of the worlds' third largest canyon. the Blyde River Canyon is a myriad of rich vegetation and beautifully formed rockery.
We will then travel along the highest paved road in South Africa. From the crest of Mount Anderson one can look down from 1 000 meters above onto South Africa's largest man-made forest. Guests will then drive through Long Tom Pass at 2,149 meters above sea-level. The pass is named after an old cannon used in the Anglo Boer War, often referred to as Long Tom. Guests will continue along the Panorama Route through Lydenburg to Dullstroom, where the honeymooners will enjoy an overnight stay at Walkersons Country Estate.
Here the honeymoon couple may enjoy the warm hospitality and fine experiences this boutique hotel has to offer. Their en-suite rooms are both romantic and refined, with a lake view, private patio and fireplace. Dining is a celebration of the senses where the honeymooners are taken on a culinary journey through a variety of courses and sorbets in the fireside intimacy of the dining room. Guests spend one night at Walkersons on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis.
Meals: Breakfast and Dinner
DAY 12-14 LIVINGSTONE
Breakfast is followed by a transfer to O R Tambo and from there a flight to Livingstone. Guests will be met on arrival at Livingstone Airport and transferred to their hotel, which is located on the banks of the Zambezi River.
From the forested banks of the Zambezi River in the hotel gardens honeymooners will see the spray of the Victoria Falls, rising like a cloud across the bushveld above the gorge and throwing rainbows hundreds of feet into the air. The hotel is a serene and gracious refuge from the heat of the African sun and will immerse you in the romance and style of a bygone era. Meals may be taken indoors under softly lit chandeliers or on the veranda where the cool river breeze gently stirs the night air. Special dinners can be arranged for the honeymooners under star-studded skies. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast or al fresco lunch on the veranda overlooking the rolling lawns and the Zambezi River. During the afternoon we visit the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, a World Heritage Site overlooking the mighty Victoria Falls. Guests spend three nights at the Royal Livingstone.
Overnight: Royal Livingstone
DAY 15-17 CHOBE NATIONAL PARK
After three nights of colonial luxury, the honeymoon couple will, after enjoying a last breakfast, be transferred to the Chobe National Park in Botswana. Guests will enjoy a stay at Chobe Chilwero, an enchanting place with gorgeous, breathtaking vistas over the Chobe River as a backdrop.
In Chobe guests will come face to face with the abundant creatures of the bush and some of the most spectacular sunsets mother nature has to offer. Three nights are spent at Chobe Chilwero Lodge. Guests will enjoy two Chobe National Park safaris each day. These safaris will alternate between open 4x4 game drives in the national park and water-based game viewing from the Chobe River. The safaris are led by skilled local rangers and trackers.
Overnight: Chobe Chilwero
Meals: Full Board
DAY 18 DEPARTURE
A last morning game activity and breakfast is followed by a transfer to Livingstone and from there a flight to Johannesburg. Guests are met at the Airport and are assisted with check-in to their international flight after a memorable honeymoon in Africa.